Home » Kathy Castor elected to 9th term in CD 14

Kathy Castor elected to 9th term in CD 14

by The 100 Companies

U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor will serve a ninth term after a successful re-election against Republican challenger James Judge Tuesday night.

Castor, a Democrat, took 56.9% of the vote. Judge, on the other hand, held about 43.1%. The pair were competing for Florida’s 14th Congressional District, a deep-blue seat based in Tampa.

Judge faced an enormous uphill climb against the incumbent. Judge took the Republican nomination after winning the Primary with 53% of votes. Castor became the official Democratic nominee after collecting 90% of votes.

Besides the partisan makeup of the district, the Democratic incumbent also had a strong advantage in fundraising.

– Kelly Hayes, Extensive Enterprises Media

You may also like

The St. Pete 100
Verified by ExactMetrics