The historic John C. Williams House on the USF St. Petersburg campus will undergo major restorations and upgrades over the next two years thanks to a $280,640 matching grant from the Florida Division of Historical Resources.
With matching funds, more than $561,280 will go towards restoration efforts at Williams House, listed on the U.S. Register of Historic Places.
The upgrades will include foundation work, a new roof, hurricane panels and other repairs to ensure safety and stability during a major storm. The home was built in 1891 by General John C. Williams, one of the co-founders of St. Pete.
– Kelly Hayes, Extensive Enterprises Media