It’s been 101 years since a major storm like Hurricane Ian has struck the Tampa Bay area. While the area has faced severe hurricanes before, Hurricane Ian threatens the region with catastrophic flooding. Here’s some tips on how to weather the storm:
• First: Know if you’re in an evacuation zone, and heed warnings.
• Locate important documents.
• Fill clean water containers with drinking water.
• Stay inside and away from windows.
• Keep updated with local and national alerts.
• If the power goes out, turn off the main power source. If left on, you risk a power surge that could start a fire.
– Kelly Hayes, Extensive Enterprises Media